About Mr. Pahs
Lindsey Pahs is an educator in Denver, Colorado who has been working with technology in education since 1991.
- Master’s Degree and Principal’s License from the University of Colorado
- Bachelor of Arts Degree from Dartmouth College. Major: Psychology
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Degree from Armand Hammer United World College Montezuma, NM
- Colorado Professional Teacher License, Secondary Social Studies
- Colorado Provisional Principal License
- Content ESL (CESL) Certificate
- eDCSD K-12 Online School, Douglas County Schools
- Online Teacher of Social Studies including Ancient Civilizations, American History 1865-1945 and Psychology. Proficient with Moodle, Blackboard, IQity as well as appropriate Web 2.0 tools. Mentored new teachers in the online program.
- Online Course Developer Designed online Ancient Civilization for eDCSD in the fall of 2007.
- Chaparral High School, Douglas County School District, Parker, CO
- Classroom Teacher of Social Studies. Designed and implemented assessments of the Colorado state standards in social studies. Able to successfully integrate technology into all aspects of the class. Created and maintained active website for my classes and blog on educational technology. Content expert in World History, Psychology, Geography, Government, and American History. Consultant, Field Tester and Team Member of our district “Interim Assessment” project.
- Technology Coordinator. Responsible for the installation, upgrade, technical support, and training for over 800 CPU’s on a Windows/Apple Local and Wide Area Network from 1997-2008. Technology integration specialist for a staff of 150 on a wide variety of applications. Helped staff move from paper-based to electronic-based workflow. 95% of teachers had active websites. Building Coach and trainer for district Student Information System (SASI and most recently Infinite Campus).
- Cooperating Teacher. Provided guidance, support, and evaluative feedback for student-teachers in Fall of 2006 and Spring 2009.
- Byers School District, Byers, CO
- Teacher of Computer Literacy, 7th/8th grade Technology, Yearbook, 8th grade US History, English Literature, Grammar/Literature, and Speech/Composition. Designed and set-up my own $70,000 Tech Prep Lab with 21 stations.
- Technology Coordinator. Responsible for the purchase, upgrade, and technical support of over 100 CPU’s on a Novell network.
- Strasburg School District, Strasburg, CO
- Teacher of Freshman English, Speech/Drama, Photography, Journalism (created school newspaper with a distribution of 1,200), Senior English, 7th/8th grade Spanish.
- Technology Coordinator. Responsible for the purchase, upgrade, and technical support of 47 CPU’s on a Novell network and 28 on Macintosh AppleTalk network.
- Morgan Community College
- Teacher of college computer classes for Strasburg and Byers community members and school faculty. Class titles included: Intro to the Macintosh, Intermediate Macintosh, Intro to the Personal computer, and Intro to Windows 3.11.
- Outstanding Teacher Designation 2000-09.
- Discovery Educator Network Member since 2006.
- Who’s Who of International Professionals, 2000.
- Received “Most Influential Teacher Award” from Colorado State University, December 1994.
- Received “Certificate of Excellence” from principal Joe Donahue, May of 1994.
I speak Spanish and Serbian language. Love to travel: I’ve visited over 34 countries to date and lived for extended time in Spain, Mexico, and Serbia.
As well I’m a parent of two great kids, husband since 1993, known as the neighborhood maker of wooden implements of destruction, lover of music, Eagle Scout, fan of laughter and joy.